Residents can contact the Clerk on the details below:
Ewhurst Parish Council consists of 7 Councillors who serve for a four-year term. The latest elections were held on the 2nd May 2019. All Councillor positions are voluntary and unpaid although each Cllr does get an approved annual allowance. Members of the Council, each of equal value, work as a single, democratic body of statute (set up and controlled by Acts of Parliament) to help the Council to make decisions on behalf of the local electorate.
There is also a Facebook page set up to keep residents up to date. Please click here to view our Facebook page.
Full Council Meetings are usually held on the third Wednesday of every month at Ewhurst and Staplecross Village Hall. Full council meetings starting from 7pm. Agendas and meeting reports can be found here. Minutes of the meetings can be found here. The public are encouraged to attend any meeting and a section at the beginning of the meeting is set aside for questions from the public.
- Chairman Cllr David Young Cllr.David.Young@EwhurstParishCouncil.co.uk
- Vice-Chairman Cllr Jacqui Hyett Cllr.Jacqui.Hyett@EwhurstParishCouncil.co.uk
- Cllr Anne Alecock Cllr.Anne.Alecock@EwhurstParishCouncil.co.uk
- Cllr Stephen Alecock Cllr.Stephen.Alecock@EwhurstParishCouncil.co.uk
- Cllr Larry Hyett Cllr.Larry.Hyett@EwhurstParishCouncil.co.uk
- Cllr John Lederer Cllr.John.Lederer@EwhurstParishCouncil.co.uk
- Cllr Anne Prodinger Cllr.Ann.Prodinger@EwhurstParishCouncil.co.uk
Parish Councillors are elected by the electors of the Parish (section 16 (2) of the Local Government Act 1972) every four years. The last Parish Council Elections were held in May 2019 so the current Parish Councillors will serve until May 2023. Ewhurst Parish holds seats for 7 Councillors across. All seven Parish Councillors were nominated via an un-contested election (an uncontested election is where there are fewer or the exact number of nominations as there are seats).
Councillors Register (Declarations) of Interest – You can find each Parish Councillor’s Declaration of Interest, held on the Rother District Council website – Councillors’ Register of Interests
Rother District Councillors The representatives for Ewhurst Parish are (Please click onto their names for further details):
East Sussex County Councillor The representative for Ewhurst Parish is: